BullBreedsUnite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBullBreedsUniteSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storms and Staffy's?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluesteel

bluesteel

Storms and Staffy's? Empty
PostSubject: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Last night was Minx our almost 7month old Staffy's first night in the storm! She was such a sooky bum! As soon as she first heard the thunder she came running up and jumped at us on the couch.. and she knows she's not allowed on there too!!! Haha. Then after that she wouldn't stop panting.. and I mean for hours!! We thought it might be best for the 3 of them to sleep in with us, but she bloody panted for ages! I was trying to keep her cool with a damp towel haha! Does anyone elses Staffy's get storm sooky? What should I do? The other 2 were fine!! Fanny was a bit sooky, but she's just always like that anyway haha!
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Admin
Tracie

PostSubject: Re: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:25 am

My old staffy years ago was petrified when it thunderd,she heard it well befor we did and then started pacing about and panting really heavy.All i could do was turn the tv up and do the same as you did,comfort her.I used to feed her her fave food of chicken by hand when it happend too,just to try associate the thunder etc with something good.at first she wouldnt take the chicken,but after a few attempts she did.Then after a while as soon as it thunderd she used to nudge me and lead me to the fridge for her treat.Still wasnt 100% if the thundr was really bad,but alot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:37 am

some can be really mard with thunder.

mine arent too bad but are unsure. i always turn the tv on louder, have the fire on to knock them out and give them a stuffed kong with something extra tasty in.

the more you fuss them the more they thing they should be scared its best to try stay calm your self and show them your chilled. xx
Back to top Go down
Jools

Jools

PostSubject: Re: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Storms don't bother my 2 but Coco has severe panic attacks when someone is using a drill. My neighbours, both sides of me, have been having lots of building work done at the moment and it is freaking Coco out. heavy panting, pacing and shaking. I was at work when it first happened and my brother called me as he was worried, he thought Coco was having a seizure. I rushed home, had a bleeding panic attack myself. He had never had a panic attack before and he's 4.5yrs. I just try to occupy him when they are drilling, thankfully it won't be forever.
Back to top Go down
mitch_stu

mitch_stu

PostSubject: Re: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 am

Nothing bothers Roc but its the wind that bothers Lola for some reason, we just let it play out and she's not as bad as she was but she loves a good bark at this non existant things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storms and Staffy's?   Storms and Staffy's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Storms and Staffy's?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BullBreedsUnite :: Problem areas. :: Behaviour-
Jump to: